Where I'm From

I am from a pit stop off the 101,
where there exists a thriving little town.
I'm from where all there is to see for miles is bright, colorful
vegetation.
I am from where the mornings start before the break of dawn and
the gusts of wind could possibly make it the second windy city


I am from a place not many people have heard of,
making it that more special
I'm from riding bikes around the block until the lights would go off ( or until my mom came out to get us)
I'm from going to church every Saturday and meeting at my ninas house after for coffee and pan dulce
I'm from where Friday nights start off at someone's garage and somehow end up at the beach for a bonfire

I am from long drives on the winding backroads,
needing a place to escape
I'm from where hero's have been lost, but not forgotten
I am from where my parents first settled down
I am from where my family was created
I am from Gonzales



Comments